I took the day off work to spend time with my cousin who’s visiting from Montreal. So, we’ll be spending our day eating cheese and being awesome. Hope you have a great weekend. Here are some bits and pieces that made my week:
- A few weeks ago it actually got cold enough for the canals to freeze in Amsterdam. All those frozen canals = tons of skating surface.
- Lately I’ve been spending a lot of time googling Ira Glass. He’s the wonderful, soothing voice behind ‘This American Life.’ I came across this gem on storytelling.
- Not a week goes by that I don’t find myself thinking WWTTDY? (What Would Tami Taylor Do Y’all?). I am OBSESSED with the TV character Tami Taylor from Friday Night Lights, played by the incomparable Connie Britton. So this piece from the Hairpin made my day.
- The cutest Kate Spade video.
- I was one of the lucky few to see the super talented Bahamas play a très intimate set at the NOW Magazine lounge recently. You can check out a video from the set here.
- My obsession with all things Japan and my almost frightening love for sushi come together in this must-see documentary called Jiro Dreams of Sushi.
- This DollarShaveClub.com video blew me away and made me laugh my ass off. “Your handsome ass grandfather had ONE blade. And polio.”