I was recently looking at photos from the trip I took to Amsterdam in the fall of 2009, and I thought I would post a few of them here. My dad was from Holland, so I’d been before but always with my parents. I stayed with my aunt and uncle in Haarlem and visited with my other aunts, uncles and cousins. In the mornings, I would take a quick commuter train into Amsterdam and do some exploring. It was truly an amazing week.
I took the day off work to spend time with my cousin who’s visiting from Montreal. So, we’ll be spending our day eating cheese and being awesome. Hope you have a great weekend. Here are some bits and pieces that made my week:
- A few weeks ago it actually got cold enough for the canals to freeze in Amsterdam. All those frozen canals = tons of skating surface.
- Lately I’ve been spending a lot of time googling Ira Glass. He’s the wonderful, soothing voice behind ‘This American Life.’ I came across this gem on storytelling.
- Not a week goes by that I don’t find myself thinking WWTTDY? (What Would Tami Taylor Do Y’all?). I am OBSESSED with the TV character Tami Taylor from Friday Night Lights, played by the incomparable Connie Britton. So this piece from the Hairpin made my day.
- The cutest Kate Spade video.
- I was one of the lucky few to see the super talented Bahamas play a très intimate set at the NOW Magazine lounge recently. You can check out a video from the set here.
- My obsession with all things Japan and my almost frightening love for sushi come together in this must-see documentary called Jiro Dreams of Sushi.
- This DollarShaveClub.com video blew me away and made me laugh my ass off. “Your handsome ass grandfather had ONE blade. And polio.”
Happy Canada Day everyone!
Apparently July 1 is the busiest moving day of the year. Moving vans as far as the eye could see in Toronto! I spent the early part of the day helping K move and later we had a BBQ at M and B’s. Lovely. Then the fireworks started so I made a hasty exit and peddled my bike home in terror. I abhor fireworks. They happen too often in the summer. Ugh.
Anyhoodle, today M and I were nostalgic about our trip to Las Vegas this past October and are looking forward to our third trip to New York in a few weeks, and it got me thinking about some of my favourite travel photos from the past 5 years.
Hope you’re having a great long weekend, whether it’s a stay-cation in the city, a cottage road trip or a flight to somewhere new!