Hope you all had a wonderful week. On Wednesday I attended an amazing aromatherapy workshop at The Gladstone Hotel as part of their Get School’d series. I’ve also done their gut health workshop and one on making terrariums which I blogged about here). The aromatherapy one was so fantastic, and this morning as I was getting ready for work and dancing to Justin Bieber (not even embarrassed) I was spraying my apartment with my new custom made room spray (sweet orange and cassia, which is similar to cinnamon). We also got to make and take home a therapeutic oil and a perfume. I loved the class so much I’m considering looking into getting certified as an aromatherapist. This weekend I’m looking forward to brunching (yes, verb) like it’s my job and also watching a shit ton of Friends episodes on Netflix because it’s supposed to be super cold.
Wishing you all a wonderful and relaxing (and warm) weekend.
Here are some bits and pieces that made my week.
- I am all over this tiki bar trend happening in Toronto right now.
- Helpful tips on freezing food.
- How to be a better friend.
- Tom Hanks reenacts famous scenes from his movies and does it all with so much charm.
- Interesting read on the science of gut health.
- Who Steven Avery suspects of murdering Teresa Halbach. If you haven’t already watched the much-talked about Netflix series Making a Murderer, I highly recommend it. Plus, this weekend is supposed to be super cold so curl up with a blanket and prepare to scream at your TV.
- Amazing uses for a shoe caddy.
- Quick and easy things to do when you’re having guests come over, based on what people really notice when they come to your house.
- This hilarious SNL bit about a dating app called Settl.
- If Seinfeld was Serial.