This week I got to meet one of my favourite bloggers, Jenny Lawson of The Bloggess. She read a few chapters from her latest book – Furiously Happy – and I was more than happy to wait in line to meet her and have her sign my copy, which I immediately went home and read late into night. Luckily, I had my work wife with me which helped pass the time while we waited to meet the hilarious and adorable Jenny. I also went to New York last week and will post about that soon.
This weekend I’m attending an Oktoberfest-themed party and a few friends and I will be venturing to Toronto’s east end to collect a few more stamps on our Craft Beer Passports.
Wishing you all a lovely weekend! Here are some bits and pieces that made my week:
- Exes + alcohol = hilarity (and some emotional moments too)
- Figure out your design style in seconds.
- This guy lived like Gwyneth Paltrow for a week. My favourite bit: “They taste alright but they looked like they’d already done a round through someone’s digestive tract. Not for Instagram.”
- I heard this song while sitting at a bar in Astoria last week and haven’t been able to get it out of my head since. Love it.
- Someone please make me this sandwich. Please.
- Life lessons (#11, #15 and #16 are my favourites).
- Are you a Miranda?