How is it July 24 already?! I feel like Canada Day just happened! Wishing you all a wonderful weekend filled with sunshine, laughter and a patio beer (or two).
Here are some bits and pieces that made my week.
- Have you seen Trainwreck yet? It’s so so so good. I’ve seen Amy Schumer do stand-up at Just for Laughs (and I’m obsessed with her show) and she’s fantastic in interviews but I had no expectations of her as an actress. Let me tell you: she’s phenomenal. I adored the crap out of this movie. I wouldn’t be surprised if she received a Golden Globe nomination for her performance. For realsies.
- Having trouble falling asleep? A 6 minute meditation might do the trick. I used this last night and was out like a light within a few minutes.
- Experiencing major lash envy.
- This Jurassic Park high heels parody is hilarious. At the 1:04 mark I actually choked on my own saliva.
- How to use up your leftovers.
- New from Gmail: the undo send. Brill.
- Upgrade your work lunch.
- A great article on parenting in the Netherlands. Reading this article I realized all the “Dutch-isms” that my father, who was born in Holland and moved to Canada at the age of 18, brought into my life. Particularly the food. And my mom now makes one hell of a stamppot.