Looking back on this week I don’t feel like I accomplished a lot. It’s minus a million in Toronto so just going outside hurts my face. I did get out to see Dallas Buyers Club (so good!) and attended this meditation seminar focused on living a mindful life (where I ate almost an entire bag of sour patch kids and realized I suck at meditation). Ah well. Hope you have a great weekend!
Here are some bits and pieces that made my week.
- I’m bringing back ‘barneymugging’ (and other 1920’s slang).
- A touching piece on how to support the grieving.
- How cooking can change your life (video).
- A better way to greet your partner. No, not that.
- Cute pillow. A gift for Valentine’s Day, perhaps?
- A moving NY Times article on living with a terminal illness.
- Bad movies that are actually amazing. Um, I totally own #1 and #2 and watched #4 twice over the holidays.
- Live in Toronto and need someone to help with your never-ending to do list? Toronto Life’s got you covered.
- Hotels that smell as good as they look. I can attest to the amazing smelling lobby areas of Westin properties. Heavenly.