Happy Friday everyone!
Today is my favourite day of the year at work – the day after the office holiday party. It’s a ghost town around these parts. People either stay home or skulk in around noon and compare hangovers behind closed office doors. I’m alternating years where I ‘go big’ or ‘lay low’ at the office shindig. This was a ‘lay low’ year. My work husband and I high-fived at our good behaviour this morning. Last year, we shut.the.party.down and he couldn’t find his shoes. So, yeah. We’re feeling pretty good about ourselves.
I hope you all have a great weekend!
Here are some bits and pieces that made my week.
- Google street view in Venice.
- An awesome Christmas movie mashup.
- Are honey bees the next big thing in cancer detection?
- A fantastic photo series featuring a cool kid and his nanny.
- Joe Jonas on the Disney machine. A surprisingly good read.
- Statues get the hipster treatment.
- Budapest wins Christmas Markets.
- Mind blowing shadow sculptures.