I realized the other day that I’ve been using my fridge as a sort of ‘inspiration board’ or cork board for ‘stuff’ for a few years now. It’s where I proudly display my travel magnets, postcards from friends who’ve moved away or travelled abroad, homages to 80’s movie icons, and pictures of other people’s cute babies.
Here’s a photo of what’s on my fridge as of this morning:
Let’s take a closer look at some of this craziness, shall we?
- ‘Stop being a douchebag’ magnet from the One of a Kind Show.
- Sassy side-eye rooster magnet, also from the One of a Kind Show.
- Wedding photo of one of my favourite couples, M and J.
- My Texas magnet, purchased on a stop-over en route to Las Vegas.
- Magnet from The Strand – an amazing NYC bookstore.
- A postcard from my friend P from Boston who’s now living in Brooklyn. But I’m secretly hoping we can lure him back to Toronto….
- The cast of St Elmo’s Fire – one of my favourite movies and the inspiration behind a group Halloween costume two years ago. It’s secured to my fridge with my red-head shakes fist magnet. OHMYGOD Rob Lowe was so effing handsome. Still is!
- My Ossington subway magnet (my station stop), securing the most ridiculous postcard of all time from Nice, France from my friend K. You can just see the tip of a cat’s ear on the right side. WHY IS THERE A CAT ON A POSTCARD OF NICE? Haha.