This morning on the subway I saw a really cute guy reading one of my favourite books – Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. It took all the self restraint I had not to jump up, run at him hard, smell his neck a little and tell him how it’s such an amazing book and it makes my day to see someone (so handsome) reading it and also is your girlfriend ugly?
So that got me thinking about my favourite books to date. Here’s my top 10, in no particular order:
- Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
- Your Voice in My Head by Emma Forrest
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl
- Less Than Zero by Bret Easton Ellis
- Hey Nostradamus! by Douglas Coupland
- One Day by David Nicholls
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
Have you read any of these books and completely HATED them? Send me a comment!
What are your favourite books?