It’s the freakin’ weekend, baby. I’m about to have me some fun – R Kelly
Here are some bits and pieces that made my week:
- Listening to This American Life has fuelled my love of podcasts, but I’ve struggled to find another podcast I like as much. I’m definitely going to check some of these out!
- The Bloggess is always good for a laugh or 20.
- It’s shocking to me how many people mix up ‘vicariously’ with ‘bicuriously’. When did that start happening??!!
- Schmidt is Quad-Dominant! I love me some Schmidt from ‘New Girl’.
- I’ll definitely be making this for breakfast soon. I love me some avocado.
- How gorgeous is this framed chalkboard? Mine would always say things like: ‘Stop stealing from that little coffee place near work’ and ‘Get your shit together already, you’re almost 30!’ and ‘Tights are not pants – live it.’
- Hey American readers (?) – did your city make the list of top 10 cities for hipsters? Providence, Rhode Island was a bit unexpected. The rest I kind of figured.
- Ooooh I want to read a chick lit book tucked inside a smart person book at one of these beautiful public libraries.
- Jesus for sale!
- After seeing The Lucky One, a movie adapted from one of Nicholas Sparks’ books, I was pretty sure I had his formula for churning out one mediocre, formulaic and frankly intellectually insulting books down pat. Clearly I’m not the only one who’s picked up on this!
- I am dying to see Mansome. Look!
- This flash mob brought to you by Carlton. It’s NOT unusual……