Comments : Leave a Comment »
Tags: 30 Rock, 30 Rock behind the scenes, anna wintour, being too polite, if John Hughes movies had sequels, interviewing with Anna Wintour, Job interviews Anna Wintour, job interviews at Vogue, John Hughes, paris, Paris 1900s colour photos, Paris photos, the end of 30 Rock, what to wear for an interview at Vogue, what to wear to an interview with Anna Wintour
Categories : Culture & Celebrity, Fashion and Style, Musings, Travel
Hello attractive people,
I am so looking forward to this weekend. I want to spend most of it either eating brunch or napping.
Here are some bits and pieces that made my week.
- The pitfalls of being too polite. I’ve had this happen to me on the subway, but don’t worry: the Toronto subway system has been a complete clusterfuck of a nightmare for over two years now and I’m not polite anymore. The next person to grab me anywhere loses a testicle.
Comments : 1 Comment »
Tags: France, paris, Paris France, photos of Paris France, travel, travel photography, travelling, vacation photos, vacation pictures
Categories : Musings, Travel
In the Fall of 2009 I visited my friend MM who was living in London, England at the time. I then spent a week with family in Amsterdam and from there took the train to Paris to meet up with MM for the weekend before heading back home to Toronto.
We felt pretty fancy about the whole thing. I’d always wanted to see Paris, and while I love the photographs I took I really didn’t fall in love with the city like I thought I would; in fact, Paris remains the only city I’ve ever been happy to leave. I would definitely go back to France , but I think Paris was a one-time-only trip.
Have you visited Paris? I’m curious to know how you felt about the city. Hit me up in the comments.
Here are a few photos from that trip in October 2009.
Beautiful apartments in Montmartre
On the steps of Sacre Coeur church
I loved the font on all the metro station signs – and Paris has the most efficient transit system I’ve ever experienced
Eiffel Tower from the front…..
…and the view from underneath
Comments : Leave a Comment »
Tags: BlogTO, cheap teeth whitening, Coachella, Coachella 2013, dating reality TV shows, dating shows, Friday's, friends who travel together, Girls tv show, gross people on public transit, gross stuff on the subway, HBO, HBO show Girls, holograms, holograms at Coachella, Long Island Medium, natural teeth whitening, paris, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, tattoo, tattoos, teenage tattoo, teeth whitening, TGIF, Toronto transit, toronto transit commission, travelling, travelling with a best friend, travelling with friends, ttc, Tupac Shakur hologram at Coachella, World of Warcraft
Categories : Culture & Celebrity, Health & Fitness, Music, Musings, Television, Travel
The phrase TGIF used to enrage me in my pre-career days. Now, I totally get it. I’ve just eaten like a pound of Swedish berries and I’m on coffee #3. It’s not even noon and I’ve already given up on any semblance of social graces. The next person to annoy me will definitely get some high quality side eye [insert dramatic sigh here].
Anyhoodle, here are some bits and pieces that made my week (slightly more bearable):
- Sometimes I worry I’m just one bad day away from being one of those people who’s, like, really into World of Warcraft. Like these two winners. Ok, I’m just being mean. They’re kind of adorable.
- Girls, a new HBO show, debuted last weekend. I watched it. I liked it. If I had to say something negative, I’d say I found it a teensy bit self-indulgent. But I’ll give it another few episodes before I make a decision on whether or not it joins my elite TV downloading roster featuring such critically acclaimed gems like Long Island Medium and Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Ha.
- On getting a tattoo while still in your teens. I got my first one (illegally) at 16. And I still love it. Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I have no regrets. My advice would be: make sure it’s something timeless and very personal to you. And don’t get it somewhere where you’re likely to experience major weight fluctuations (ass, stomach, boobage). Just sayin’.
- I absolutely love this article about travelling with a friend. I’m so lucky that MM and I have the exact same travel style and have been travelling together happily for almost a decade. Being superfriends does not necessarily mean you’ll make good travel buddies, and that’s not necessarily a bad thing nor an indication that there’s something wrong with the friendship. One of my favourite travel memories with MM is being in Paris and both of us kind of hating it but not wanting to really say it in case the other was loving it, and we just kind of stopped in our tracks after some incident (gross guy saying something pervy or some pile of street garbage or whatever) and looked at each other and kind of shouted into each other’s mouths “I HATE PARIS!” “ME TOO!”. Good times. Also, I made MM wait in line for over an hour to eat at a particular (and honestly underwhelming) pizza place in Brooklyn last summer, so I owe her one on our next trip.
Have a great weekend folks!
Comments : Leave a Comment »
Tags: amsterdam, chicago, Las Vegas, london, new york city, paris, tokyo, travel, travel photography, travel photos, vancouver
Categories : Musings, Travel, Uncategorized
Happy Canada Day everyone!
Apparently July 1 is the busiest moving day of the year. Moving vans as far as the eye could see in Toronto! I spent the early part of the day helping K move and later we had a BBQ at M and B’s. Lovely. Then the fireworks started so I made a hasty exit and peddled my bike home in terror. I abhor fireworks. They happen too often in the summer. Ugh.
Anyhoodle, today M and I were nostalgic about our trip to Las Vegas this past October and are looking forward to our third trip to New York in a few weeks, and it got me thinking about some of my favourite travel photos from the past 5 years.
Hope you’re having a great long weekend, whether it’s a stay-cation in the city, a cottage road trip or a flight to somewhere new!
The New York New York Hotel in Las avegas
At the Eiffel Tower in Paris with M
Notting Hill homes in London
Granville Island in Vancouver
Imperial Gardens in Tokyo