It’s Friday the 13th! I’ve always had really good luck on Friday the 13th!
My weekend plans including seeing a friend’s band, braving the Costco to stock up on some essentials (taquitos and cashews), buying something to ease the pain of sunburns in anticipation of my upcoming trip to Curacao, catching up on Coronation Street over pints at Crooked Star, and maybe some Golden Globes watching.
Hope you have a fabulous weekend! Here are some bits & pieces that made my week:
- As a fan of craft beer, I can’t wait to drink my way through this list.
- Cool art ‘remake’ project.
- Instead of the typical New Year’s Resolutions, I’m going to try and follow this list of 30 things to stop doing to yourself. I especially like #12 and #22 and #25.
- This would make a great birthday cake. For me. Hint, hint.
- I think we can all agree that brunch just tastes better when someone else makes it and it’s a great way to catch up with friends so they can fill you in on what happened after last call the night before, when things got a little fuzzy. People in Toronto treat brunch as a competitive sport, and the fine folks over at BlogTO have compiled this list of the best new brunch restaurants in Toronto.
- I am super excited for the first Hunger Games movie to come out (nerd!) and now I think I’m excited for the soundtrack too – because Taylor Swift is on it. Yes, I love her.
- This sounds like my kind of cleanse – a 2-week healthy cooking challenge from Bon Appetit magazine.
- Interesting article on the popularity of the gossip blog ‘blind item.‘ I am mildly obsessed with figuring these out and have a 75% success rate. I will say that two blind item reveals were particularly heartbreaking but I guess not all that surprising: 1) John Travolta is gay; and 2) John Cusack is an asshat.
- This is just the best thing I’ve seen all week – Shit Nobody Says.