Yo yo yo,
This has felt like the longest week ever – anyone else? And I was only in the office for three days. I guess that’s what happens when you get back from an amazing vacation (Curacao post coming soon!) and experience withdrawal from sunshine and pina coladas and unlimited bacon.
Anyhoodle – hope y’all have a great weekend. I’m looking forward to the Super Bowl on Sunday. Not so much for the football aspect, but for the nachos and beer that usually accompany it, natch. I also enjoy randomly shouting “PENETRATE THE BLITZ!” at various points throughout the game, but I don’t know what it means.
Here are some bits and pieces that made my week:
- I love Mumford & Sons so hard. I also crush on Taylor Swift. So Taylor singing ‘White Blank Page’ ?- all over it.
- This video completely blew me away – and it was filmed in a Toronto bookstore called Type Books!
- I would definitely consider extending my next trip to NYC a little to take advantage of one of these weekend getaways.
- How to look cute in the cold. The temps in Toronto have been somewhat mild of late (booyah), so I’ve been getting by with my spring coat, a scarf, and my Hunter rain boots. But I have a feeling that by next week I’ll be burrowing back into my trusty 3-year-old Aritzia parka. Blerg.
- I’ve been loving the “Shit ‘whoevers‘ Say” videos popping up all over the interweb. This one might be my favourite. I highly doubt anyone would be interested in a ‘Shit law Firm Marketers Say’ video but that won’t stop me from making one. Consider yourself warned.
- I’d literally shit myself. But damn, these are some amazing pictures.
- Dr. Who – 47 years in 6 minutes. The nerd in me squeed a little. Also, this was a helpful catch-up given that I’ve only very recently gotten into Dr. Who (solely due to Matt Smith) but have seen some David Tennant episodes too that I liked.
- I don’t have an iPhone (gasp!) but I can completely appreciate the hilarity of auto correct. This site is my favourite new time waster.
- Oooh tea party!
- Yup, it’s a tumblr featuring a dog with food on its head. Simple. Hilarious. And I think it’s kind of genius.